Practice Founder & Physiotherapist
Louise was born in Zimbabwe, and was awarded a Scholarship to study Physiotherapy at Cape Town University. In her first few post-graduate years Louise had a solid grounding working in the rehabilitation of war-injured in Zimbabwe, followed by several years of rotational NHS hospital work in England. In 1988 she began specialising in the assessment and treatment of musculo-skeletal disorders and opened up her own private Physiotherapy clinic in 1990.
Louise has always maintained her professional studies, and has attended many specialist and advanced level Physiotherapy courses and training. She completed an MSc in Advanced Physiotherapy at University College London and King’s College in 2010 (with MSc level in the treatment and rehabilitation of Sports Injuries) and was also awarded membership of the Manipulative Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MMACP) which is an internationally recognised professional organisation of Manual Therapists. As a result of her MSc research, Louise has a special interest in the treatment of Dizziness and Balance disorders.
Louise combines her years of clinical experience with her professional development to provide a wide area of expertise in the treatment of the acute and the more complex chronic musculoskeletal disorders which include spinal and joint problems.
Louise has recently attended an international study day on BBPV and an update on Vestibular Rehabilitation at the NHNN at Queen’s Square in London where research on new technology for vestibular rehabilitation was discussed.
She is an active member of the following organisations:
- Manipulative Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MMACP)
- Medico Legal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MLACP)
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Vestibular Rehabilitation. (ACPIVR)
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports and Exercise Medicine (ACPSEM)
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice (PhysioFirst)
- Physiotherapy Pain Association (PPA)
- Allied Health Professional Network of the National Osteoporosis Society. (NOS)
- Hypermobility Syndrome Association. (HMSA) (EDS)